Interviewer: Hi, How are you today?
Ashley:
Hi, I am good today.
Interviewer:
would like to introduce you self?
Ashley:
I am Ashley Yourczek, I am living in Saint Cloud,
Minnesota.
Interviewer: I have some questions today I want to ask you about, is that
ok to get some from you time?
Ashley:
Yeah, sure.
Interviewer: What is the value of family in your country?
Ashley: Family is very important to us
because they will always be there when we need them but a lot of times we don’t
see each other a lot because everybody is busy and has plans, but if you need
them they will always be there.Interviewer: What is the value of family in your country?
Interviewer: What is your family structure like? (head of house, values, etc.)
Ashley: The father is usually head of the house but obviously the parents are the main structure of it. The males of the family are always protective of the females and we always listen to our elders.
Interviewer: What is your role in your family?
Ashley: My role in my family is to do what my parents ask and to respect them. It is also to be there when a family member needs it.
Interviewer: as you know some things about Saudi culture, how is it different from American culture?
Ashley: Saudi culture seems to value family a lot more than American culture. They always make time for their family and see their extended family more often. Plus I see that they value their culture and tradition more, it is their life.
Interviewer: What are the highlights in your culture? (What things will make people immediately think about your country? Please tell more about its history)
Ashley: Baseball is always something that pops up when talking about America. Other things that I think stand out is how America is a melting pot or how many people like to immigrate over to here. Holidays and how we celebrate them also stick out in my mind. As every culture celebrate holidays differently so do we, like Halloween and Christmas.
Interviewer: What programs do you like to watch?
Ashley: I like to watch many different programs, educational, history, supernatural type of shows. I will watch anything that catches my interest.
Interviewer: What is your favorite kind of music to listen to and why?
Ashley: Music is the same, I will listen to anything. I don’t like rap and hardcore music as much but anything with a good beat or style is nice. World music is interesting because I like to see different styles of music and how they apply their life and passion to their music.
Interviewer: What is the most famous food in your country?
Ashley: When I think of food and America I think of hotdogs, hamburgers, and pizza. When you break it down to different states though you think about what those states are famous for, like Idaho and their potatoes, Iowa and corn.
Interviewer: What are your meals like? Size, number, times of day.
Ashley: We have three meals a day and usually snacks in between. Many times they are bigger sized meals to feed our family but on holidays or family occasions they are even bigger, everyone brings food. It all depends on the occasion to see how big they can get and how much food there will be.
Interviewer: What kind of food is your favorite?
Ashley: My favorite kind of food is Chinese. Other than that I love potatoes, corn, and stea
Interviewer: What is the education system in your country?
Ashley: Our education system is usually, kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, and high school. Then people can go onto a technical college or Universtiy.
Interviewer: Do a lot of people get a chance to attend college in your country?
Ashley: A lot of people tend to go to college these days because the pressure to go is a lot higher because it is good to get better jobs. People do get the chance to go because we can get loans, grants, and scholarships to go to college.
Interviewer: Is there an exam for everyone graduated from high school to enroll to the university?
Ashley: There are different tests that students take to get in and these tests are also a marker to see what you know. There is the SAT and the ACT.
Interviewer: what are the top three social pastimes? (Sports, group events, various activities)
Ashley: The top three past times in my mind are going out to clubs, sports events such as baseball, football, and basketball, and traveling.
Interviewer: What are the different religions your country? And what is the predominant religion?
Ashley: The different religions in our country are Jewish, Christian, catholic, Lutheran, jahovis-witnesses, Mennonites, and several more. The most predominate would be Catholic.
Interviewer: What is the favorite vacation for America?
Ashley: The fourth of July is the most popular vacation in America.
Interviewer: What places can new visitors go to in Minnesota?
Ashley: Duluth is a nice place to visit while in Minnesota. Or some of the state parks we have, like gooseberry falls or split rock light house. Another interesting place to visit is Glensheen mansion or outdoor and wildlife centers.
Interviewer: Where do you like to spend your free time?
Ashley: I like to spend my free time outside doing activities.
Interviewer: What recommendations can you give to people who are on their first visit to America?
Ashley: Try new things and explore everything. Get as much out of the experience as you can.
Interviewer: What are some holidays that you celebrate in America and how do you celebrate them?
Ashley: It depends on what religion you are but the holidays we celebrate are Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, the Fourth of July, Halloween, and New Year’s. We celebrate them by getting together with family and friends and eating, give gifts, relax, and do activities together.
Interviewer: thank you Ashley and I enjoyed to do this interview with you, is there anything you would like to ask about?
Ashley: you are welcome, No, thank you.
The
person I interviewed:
Ashley Yourczek
No comments:
Post a Comment